One of the things I really love about my job as the VP of Customer Care and Product Development at NewsGator is that I have ample opportunity each day to use our products. We are proud to announce the release of Social Sites 2.5 today - our customers will soon be exposed to a set of features I have grown to rely on to work smarter and solve business problems faster.
New Product Features Include:
- Integrated activity streams for an easy view of colleagues’ activity within SharePoint (documents, tags, communities, etc.) and outside of SharePoint (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
- Improved search to ease the discovery of communities, people, content, and tags
- Extensive reporting for valuable insight into the business benefits provided by enterprise RSS and social networking
- A Profile Builder/On-Boarding Wizard that shortens a new user’s or new employee’s “time to productivity”
- Enhanced discussions, content ratings, and tagging for better collaboration and knowledge sharing